METRO makes the following preapproved digital assets available for download:
- Photos of our transit services including bus and rail
- METRO-related logos in various file formats and sizes
- Transit data files
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas ("METRO") is the sole and exclusive owner of its trademark name, logo, and symbol (the “Marks”) and images and videos accessed by way of this page (the “Downloadable Assets”). METRO has registered the Marks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and hereby grants you ("Licensee") a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, limited and revocable license to use, reproduce, and display the Marks subject to the following terms and conditions of this Agreement:
- Ownership. Licensee agrees and understands that METRO retains all title, ownership, rights and interest in and to the Marks and Downloadable Assets.
- Scope of License. Licensee’s use, reproduction, or display of the Marks and Downloadable Assets shall be for the limited purpose of publicizing or covering newsworthy information, current events, or community partnerships and events. Licensee must obtain METRO’s prior written approval for all other proposed uses of the Marks.
- Quality Control. Licensee shall not use the Marks and Downloadable Assets in any manner that tarnishes, degrades, disparages, or reflects adversely on METRO or its reputation and goodwill. Licensee shall not do or cause to be done any act or thing challenging, contesting, impairing, invalidating, or tending to impair or invalidate any of METRO’s rights in the Marks or Downloadable Assets or any registrations derived from such rights.
- Term. This Agreement shall be effective for as long as Licensee is using, reproducing or displaying the Marks or Downloadable Assets, or until METRO terminates or revokes the license, whichever comes first.
- Termination. METRO may terminate this Agreement or revoke all rights granted herein at any time without notice to Licensee. Upon termination or revocation, Licensee shall immediately cease from all further use of the Marks and Downloadable Assets.
- Disclaimer of Warranty. METRO makes no warranties regarding the Marks or Downloadable Assets and hereby disclaims all warranties otherwise implied by law.
- Indemnification. Licensee will indemnify and defend METRO from and against any and all third-party claims, damages, costs, and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to Licensee’s use of the Marks or Downloadable Assets in breach of this Agreement.
- Amendments. This Agreement may be modified, amended, altered, or supplemented at any time and without notice by METRO.
- Jurisdiction and Venue. The laws of the State of Texas shall govern all rights and obligations under this Agreement, without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. The parties agree that the courts in the State of Texas shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes under or relating to this agreement. Nothing in this agreement is a waiver of any defenses or rights otherwise available to METRO. Venue for any disputes under or relation to this Agreement shall be Harris County, Texas.
- Waiver. The waiver by METRO of any breach of any term, covenant, condition, or agreement herein contained shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same, or of a breach of any other term, covenant, condition, or agreement herein contained.
- Contact. For questions or comments regarding the Marks or the Downloadable Assets, contact METRO’s Media team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE DATA IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
In no event will METRO be liable for any direct or indirect damages, even if METRO is aware of the possibility of such damages, including without limitation loss of profits or for any other special, consequential, exemplary or incidental damages, however caused, whether based upon contract, negligence, strict liability in tort, warranty, or any other legal theory, arising out of or related to your use of the Data. The parties intend that this limitation should apply even if it causes any warranty to fail of its essential purpose.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless METRO and its officers, directors, and employees from and against all fines, suits, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demands, or liabilities of any kind or of any nature arising out of or in connection with your use or distribution of the Data. You agree that METRO retains all right, title, and interest in the Data, and any intellectual property rights embodied therein, that you acquire no such rights from distribution of the Data, and that you will not attempt to restrict, limit or prevent METRO's use of the Data or METRO's service marks in connection therewith.
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the terms governing general use of METRO transit data, these Terms will be controlling as to matters expressly addressed herein. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between the parties as to their subject matter.