Executive Vice President Chief Operating Officer - Operations
“Working with an exceptional group of people, my goal is to provide safe, clean, reliable, accessible and friendly transportation services to our customers each and every day.”
— Chuck Berkshire
As EVP/COO, Chuck oversees METRO’s transit services (bus, rail, and specialized transit services), Customer Service, Emergency Management and Facilities Maintenance.
Chuck began his career with METRO in 2009 as Sr. Director of Bus Maintenance. He advanced to Vice President of Bus Maintenance in 2020 and became EVP and Chief Operating Officer for the Operations Department in 2022.
As VP of Bus Maintenance, Chuck was responsible for the day-to-day management of 1200 buses, 5 operating facilities and Central Shops. He also oversaw maintenance of METRO’s non-revenue vehicle fleet, support equipment and the Maintenance Support Group consisting of Technical Services, Quality Assurance, Warranty, and Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Prior to Joining METRO, Chuck worked for private and public transit organizations responsible for daily operations, fleet and facility maintenance and training.
- Vice President Service & Warranty – The Traxis Group
- Vice President Fleet Maintenance – Laidlaw Transit Services
- Sales, Service & Training – Transit Marketing Group
- Vice President, Operations, Fleet & Facilities Management – Coach USA
- Deputy General Manager, Maintenance & Maintenance Support – New Jersey Transit Corporation
- Director, Fleet Maintenance Dallas Area Rapid Transit