In addition to the items mentioned in the Health and safety rules section above, additional safety measures have been implemented on Local Bus, Park & Ride buses, METRORail, METRORapid and METROLift.
Placed around drivers’ seats, this adds another layer of separation between operators and riders.
Operators and riders will have access to hand sanitizer on METRO buses, trains and METROLift vehicles.
METRO will continue:
- Putting an even greater emphasis on disinfecting surfaces frequently touched by the public during our daily bus and rail cleaning
- Frequent cleaning of bus shelters and rail platforms
- Displaying posters along the system reminding riders of public health officials' recommendations to stop the spread of germs
- Running safety announcements on rail platforms and buses
- Including safety messages on bus destination signs
- Communicating safety messages on service alerts
- Remaining in close and continuous communication with local public health and emergency management officials to monitor developments
- Evaluating the threat of this virus and responding appropriately
- Providing service, and doing so safely