METRO understands the critical role public transportation provides for the region and is continuing to expand its public service efforts to help safeguard against the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Additional safety measures are being implemented to encourage responsible social distancing on local bus routes, light rail, Park & Rides and METROLift.
Additional adjustments have reduced customer seating by 50 percent and allow you to spread out while on board:
- Seats on buses and METRORail have been tagged as unavailable
- When buses reach 50 percent seating, digital signs will advise you to wait for the next bus
- Transparent protective barriers have been placed on buses to protect both passengers and bus operators
As a result of measures to encourage social distancing:
- Real-time predictions in the METRO TRIP app, or sent via text, will not be accurate
- Accuracy of schedules for various services have been impacted
Stay informed by subscribing to receive service alerts for the route(s) of your choice. We’ll send real-time, personalized route information straight to your phone or email for free. It takes just seconds to subscribe.
You can also monitor METRO’s Facebook and Twitter feeds.
As always, METRO Customer Service can be reached at 713-635-4000.
METRO will continue:
- Putting an even greater emphasis on disinfecting surfaces frequently touched by the public during our daily bus and rail cleaning
- Displaying posters along the system reminding riders of public health officials' recommendations to stop the spread of germs
- Displaying signs and notifications at transit centers, Park & Ride lots and rail stations, encouraging you to practice responsible social distancing
- Communicating safety messages on service alerts
- Remaining in close and continuous communication with local public health and emergency management officials to monitor developments
- Evaluating the threat of this virus and responding appropriately
- Providing service, and doing so safely