Questions & Answers: Riding METRO
On this page, you can get answers to common questions about riding METRO, all in one place.
METRO curb2curb Shuttle
It’s a rideshare service providing on-demand, curb to curb transportation within specific zones in the following Houston communities:
- Acres Homes (Northwest Houston) – daily, 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Hiram Clarke (just east of Missouri City, Texas) – daily, 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Kashmere / Trinity Gardens (Northeast Houston) – daily, 8 p.m.-midnight
- Missouri City, Texas – daily, 5 a.m.-7 p.m.
The regular fare to board is $1.25. The discounted fare is 60 cents. Both include free transfers between any METRO service of equal or lesser value for up to three hours in any direction. For transfers to a service with a higher cost, you only pay the fare difference for up to three hours in any direction.
The following ride for free:
- Children five or younger, accompanied by an adult
- Seniors 70 and older who have a discounted METRO Q® Fare Card
- Disabled or decorated veterans who have a METRO Veterans Pass
- METROLift customers with a METROLift Freedom Q® Card, and up to one assistant
Upon boarding, you can pay your fare using any of the following:
- METRO Q® Fare Card
- METRO Q Mobile Ticket
- METRO Day Pass
- METRO Money card
The All About Fares page has information on where you can obtain them.