Notice Of Public Hearing
Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas (METRO)
Notice is hereby given that the Board of Directors of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, TX (METRO), will hold a public hearing on Monday, November 26, 2018, at 12 noon to receive public comment regarding proposed February 2019 service changes. The proposed changes include:
Realignments to routes; 360, 363, 418; schedule changes to 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 47, 49, 51, 52, 54, 63, 70, 72, 73, 85, 87, 153, 217, 344, 360, and METRORail Red Line; and implementation of new route 364 Missouri City MCTX Flex Route.
Information also will be presented for the proposed changes to METRO’s Service and Fare Equity Policies.
Copies of proposed route maps and schedules will be available Monday, November 19, 2018, for public review online and at the following location:
METRO Administration Building
1900 Main St.
Houston, TX, 77002
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays
The public hearing will be held in the 2nd floor boardroom at 1900 Main Street, Houston, TX (served by METRO routes 6, 11, 32, 44, 51, 52, 54, 82, 85, 102, 137, 160, 161, 162, 249, and METRORail).
Public Hearing Book - Proposed Changes Feb. 2019 (PDF)
Proposed Service Changes >>
How To Comment About The Service Changes
- Attend the public hearing on November 26, 2018.
- Write us at METRO, ATTN: February 2019 Service Change, 1900 Main Street, Houston, TX 77002.
- Fax comments with a subject line referencing “February 2019 Service Change” to 713-652-7956.
- Call METRO’s Customer Care Line at 713-635-4000.
- Submit comments
Comments should be received by METRO no later than the date and time of the public hearing.
Help For People With Disabilities
Support services or copies of public documents in an alternate format can be provided for individuals with disabilities. For persons with a hearing impairment, please call 713-750-4271 a minimum of five (5) working days prior to the public hearing.
Any person who requires language interpretation or special needs accommodations is encouraged to contact METRO Public Affairs at 713-739-4018, or via email at METROPublicAffairs@RideMETRO.org. Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate your needs.
- This Public Hearing conforms to requirements described in the Federal Transit Administration’s Circular 9030.1D, published May 1, 2010, page IV-13.
- METRO does not discriminate on the basis of disability in the admission or access to, or in treatment or employment in, its services, programs, and activities.
- METRO is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, its transit services on the basis of race, color, or national origin, as protected by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.