METRO's BOOST Network
The METRONext Moving Forward Plan includes enhancements to 17 high-ridership bus routes so you can enjoy a better riding experience.
What Are the Improvements?
A Better Walk
- New or improved sidewalks along your route
- Improved crosswalks at intersections for your safety
- Improved accessibility along the route with new ramps for wheelchair and stroller access
A Better Stop
- A bus shelter with lighting at every stop
- Digital real-time arrival information at every stop
- Bike parking and tools to fix your bike at key locations
A Better Ride
- Faster and more reliable service with streamlined stops along the route
- “Green light” preference for buses at key intersections
- Improvements designed to create easy traffic flow for buses and cars
Have any BOOST projects started yet?
Yes. The 56 Airline / Montrose is the first route in the METRO system to receive a BOOST.
1.5-mile stretch of Studewood St. between White Oak Drive and Cavalcade St.
- Bus shelters at every stop
- Sidewalk improvements and ramps on:
- Studewood St.
- Merrill St.
- 11th St.
- Temple St.
- 13th St.
- 14th St.
- New sidewalks connecting bus stops to:
- Hogg Middle School
- Proctor Plaza Park & Community Center
- Heights High School
- Pedestrian refuge islands in median to protect customers while crossing streets
Phase 1 - 56 Airline / Montrose Map
Stay informed by subscribing to receive service alerts for the 56 Airline / Montrose route. We’ll send real-time, personalized route information straight to your phone or email for free. It takes just seconds to subscribe.
Questions or comments? Email us here or call 713-204-1738.