Kashmere Late-Night Connector
What is it?
On-demand, curb to curb public transit operating in a defined zone within Northeast Houston, north of Interstate 610 and east of Interstate 69. We pick you up, and then drop you off at your intended destination.
When does it operate?
Daily, 8 p.m.-midnight
When would it make sense to use this service?
Here are 3 examples:
- You’re taking a night class at HCC Northline. You can take the Route 29 back to Kashmere Transit Center, but your connecting route doesn’t run late enough to get you home.
- You want to attend an evening Astros game downtown. You can take the Route 51/52 back to Kashmere Transit Center, but your connecting route doesn’t run late enough to get you home.
- You work at Memorial City Mall until closing. You can take the Route 26 back to Kashmere Transit Center, but your connecting route doesn’t run late enough to get you home.
How much does it cost?
- $1.25 each way
- Half-price rides for students and seniors with a discount METRO Q® Fare Card or
METRO Day Pass
- Receive a free 3-hour transfer when using your METRO Q® Fare Card
What type(s) of payments are accepted?
The only forms of payment accepted are a METRO Q® Fare Card or a METRO Day Pass.
You can purchase them through the METRO online RideStore or participating H-E-B, Kroger, Fiesta and other retail locations.
How do I ride?
There are 2 ways:
You can pick up the vehicle at Kashmere Transit Center (5910 Hirsch Road). It departs at the top of every hour from 8 p.m.-midnight.
Or you can call 713-739-4611 to book a ride from the location of your choice within the zone.
If you call to book a ride:
- Provide your pickup time and address
- Provide your destination address
- Wait at your pickup point
Reservations are subject to availability.
Make METRO Connections
If you aren’t planning to pick up the service at Kashmere Transit Center, you can connect to other routes within the METRO transit system shown below, by getting dropped off at the transit center:
- 3 Langley – Little York
- 26 Long Point/Cavalcade
- 29 Cullen/Hirsch
- 51 Hardy-Kelley
- 52 Hardy-Ley
- 80 MLK/Lockwood
- 97 Settegast
Where is the zone?
The zone covers the Northeast Houston area just north of Interstate 610 and just east of Interstate 69 as shown in the map below.
back to top ^