What is it?
It’s a service that provides personalized, curb to curb transportation in a defined zone within Northeast Houston, north of Interstate 610 and east of U.S. Highway 59/Interstate Highway 69. We pick you up, and then drop you off at your intended destination. Community Connector vehicles connect you with METRO’s larger transportation network at anchor points within the zone. For instance, your “first mile” of traveling may be on a Community Connector between your residence and the Kashmere Transit Center, where you transfer to another METRO service. Your “last mile” of traveling may be on a Community Connector between the Kashmere Transit Center and your residence.
Where is the zone?
The zone covers the Northeast Houston area just north of Interstate 610 and just east of U.S. Highway 59/Interstate Highway 69, as shown in the map below:
When does the Kashmere Late-Night Connector operate?
When would it make sense to use this service?
Here are 3 examples:
1. You’re taking a night class at HCC Northline. You can take the Route 29 back to Kashmere Transit Center, but your connecting route doesn’t run late enough to get you home.
2. You want to attend an evening Astros game downtown. You can take the Route 51/52 back to Kashmere Transit Center, but your connecting route doesn’t run late enough to get you home.
3. You work at Memorial City Mall until closing. You can take the Route 26 back to Kashmere Transit Center, but your connecting route doesn’t run late enough to get you home.
What safety precautions are in place to help fight COVID-19?
- Extensive cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles
- Limited number of riders per vehicle
- Mask or face covering required to ride
- Protective shield between you and the operator
- Hand sanitizer available on board
How much does it cost?
Regular fare: $1.25 per ride
Discount fare: $0.60 per ride*
Seniors (70+) and METROLift customers with a valid ID ride for free.
* Discount fares apply to students, seniors (65-69), Medicare cardholders and disabled passengers.
How do I pay to get on board?
The only form of payments accepted are a METRO Q® Fare Card or METRO Day Pass.
Where can I purchase or reload a fare card?
You can purchase or reload a METRO Q® Fare Card or METRO Day Pass at:
- METRO RideStore (1900 Main St. Houston, Texas 77002) – Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Select vending machines located at METRO rail platforms, Park & Rides, and transit centers
- Participating retail locations
See all retailer locations (sorted alphabetically)
See all retailer locations (sorted by zip code)
You can also purchase or reload fare cards through the online METRO RideStore – however, it may take several days for you to receive them, as all fare cards purchased through the online store are physically mailed.
Additional options for reloading a fare card:
- Use our reload machine located next to the rear exit doors on all local buses
- Reload your card online at RideMETRO.org/reload
What retail locations in the area sell METRO fare cards?
FIESTA #50 – 5815 Lockwood Drive - Houston, Texas 77026
TEXAS FOOD MARKET – 6301 Jensen Drive - Houston, Texas 77028
How do I get on board?
You can walk right up and board the Kashmere Late-Night Connector at the Kashmere Transit Center (5910 Hirsch Road) at the top of every hour (daily, 8 p.m.-midnight), to travel to your destination anywhere within the zone.
At the Kashmere Transit Center, you can connect to the following routes:
- 3 Langley – Little York
- 26 Long Point/Cavalcade
- 29 Cullen/Hirsch
- 51 Hardy-Kelley
- 52 Hardy-Ley
- 80 MLK/Lockwood
- 97 Settegast
What if I want the vehicle to pick me up where I am?
If you can’t get to an anchor point, there are two ways you can book a ride and have the vehicle pick you up at your exact location within the zone:
Reservations are subject to availability.
Does my fare entitle me to free transfers?
After tapping your fare card on the validator upon boarding the Kashmere Late-Night Connector, you can transfer for free to any local METRO bus route service for the next 3 hours.
The METRO curb2curb app allows you to book a ride on the Kashmere Late-Night Connector, on-demand via your smartphone.
I’m viewing this page on a smartphone
Tap the appropriate button below to download the METRO curb2curb app from Google Play (for Android phones) or the App Store (for Apple iOS):
I’m viewing this page on a computer or tablet
I have an iPhone
Scan the QR code below using your iPhone to download the METRO curb2curb app from the App Store:
I have an Android phone
Scan the QR code below using your phone to download the METRO curb2curb app from Google Play: