METRO Job Fairs 2018
METRO periodically offers job fairs. All applicants must apply online prior to
attending the job fair.
Saturday, Oct. 20, and Oct. 27
5700 Eastex Freeway
Houston, TX 77026
9 a.m. - 12 p.m. For bus operators and bus mechanics only.
Bus operator testing will begin promptly at 10 a.m.
Positions and Salaries
- A/C & heat mechanic “A”
- Bus mechanic up to $24.84/hour
- Bus operator $15.00/hour - bilingual a plus - paid training
- Light-rail train operator trainee $15.00/hour
- Intelligent transportation systems technician – electronic
maintenance and two-way radio experience required.
- Police officer $43,000.00/year
- Utility worker - Must have commercial driver's license. $12.87/hour
- Electronic farebox technician $16.15/hour
- Collision repair technician up to $24.84/hour
Benefits of Working for METRO
- Retirement plan and savings plan
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Education assistance (non-union)
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program
- Advancement opportunities
- Free transportation for employees and spouses
- Bilingual incentive pay for bus operators
NOTE: All applicants must apply online prior to attending the job fair. Testing for bus operators start promptly at 10 a.m.