METRO Job Fairs 2019
METRO periodically offers job fairs. All applicants must apply online prior to
attending the job fair.
A job fair for full-time and part-time bus operators, bus mechanics and light-rail train operator trainee will be conducted on Saturday, May 11, and Saturday, May 25, from 9 a.m. to noon.
5700 Eastex Freeway
Houston, TX 77026
NOTE: All applicants must apply online prior to attending the job fair. Testing for light-rail train trainee operators starts promptly at 9:30 a.m.
NOW HIRING: Employee incentive of up to $4,000 for bus mechanics, T-Truck wrecker operator, A/C & heat mechanics and collision repair!
Positions and Salaries
- T-Truck wrecker (Must have CDL “A”) $25.34/hour
- Bus mechanic up to $25.34/hour
- Utility worker (Bus Maintenance, Must have a CDL “B”) $13.13
- FT/PT bus operator $15.00/hour - bilingual a plus - paid training
- Light-rail train operator trainee $15.00/hour
- Police officer $43,000.00/year
Benefits of Working for METRO
- Retirement plan and savings plan
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Education assistance (non-union)
- Paid vacation, sick days and holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness program
- Advancement opportunities
- Free transportation for employees and spouses
- Bilingual incentive pay for bus operators
METRO is an Equal Employment Opportunity.