Director of Board Support
“I make sure that our transit policymakers and members of the public receive all relevant information and materials for the Agency’s public meetings, in order to have an effective and efficient public meeting.”
— Rosa Diaz-Hernandez
Rosa Diaz-Hernandez is METRO’s director of Board Support. She has been with the Authority for more than 20 years and worked in three departments since beginning her career here as a data entry clerk.
The nine members of METRO’s board of directors are the ultimate decision makers about routes, expansions, improvements, budgets, innovations, and construction. They rely on the director of Board Support to make sure the information and input from more than a dozen METRO departments, as well as individual METRO riders, is presented to them in a timely fashion.
Diaz-Hernandez is also in charge of inviting members of the public to attend board and committee meetings, either in person or via streaming video.
Professional Associations and Activities
- Vice Chair, American Public Transportation Association (APTA) Transit Board Administrators Subcommittee
- Graduate, METRO Management Suite, 2017
- Graduate, METRO Leadership Development Program, 2013
- Past PTO Vice President, Sheldon Elementary
- Board Member, Sheldon Youth Basketball League
- Scout Leader, Raven District Boy Scouts
- Volunteer, Sheldon District Little League Baseball Team