METRO had approximately 66 million bus boardings in 2017*. With countless passengers transported daily, METRO is committed to providing safe, secure and reliable service. However, Safety is EVERYONE’S responsibility. We need METRO customers to play their part to ensure the bus ride is a safe and enjoyable one.
Here are some safety tips:
- Don’t run for the bus and be sure to stay safe on the sidewalk.
- Always enter the bus through the front doors.
- Never stand in the stairwell or in front of the yellow line near the driver.
- Don't stand near the doors while the bus is moving. Stay seated while the bus is in motion unless you are holding on to a handrail.
- Avoid conversation with the operator while the bus is in motion.
- Always wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before exiting.
- As you exit the bus, watch for cars. Never cross in front of or behind a bus, drivers cannot see you.
METRO desires to operate and maintain a safe, efficient, and effective public transportation system. For the safety, convenience, and experience of all persons, METRO establishes the following Code of Conduct.
*Number of boardings are based on METRO’s Fiscal Year, October 2016 – September 2017.