Northwest Transit Center Improvements
We're upgrading our facilities to bring you even better service. This major renovation will include a new ramp, bus platform and more parking. But your bus service will stay the same. This project is scheduled to be completed in Dec. 2020.
Your bus service will not change, but all parking inside the transit center will be closed. A new parking lot located on the north side of Old Katy Road will be opened.
FREE shuttles will transport you to and from the new parking lot. Shuttles are available weekdays only 5-9 a.m. and 3-7 p.m.
Parking on the north side of Old Katy Road will give you access to a shuttle service which will transport you from that lot to the Bus Stops along Old Katy Road / Temporary Bus Platform.
HOV / HOT Lane Access
Morning (a.m.) Inbound
- From US 290 HOV / HOT Lane you can still exit Old Katy Road to access Northwest Transit Center (NWTC)
- No exit, stop nor drop-offs at the NWTC from the reopend US 290 HOV / HOT Lane
- With the reopened US 290 HOV / HOT Lane you will be able to connect directly to I-10 eastbound east of 610 Loop
Evening (p.m.) Outbound
- From the I-10 westbound you will be able to connect directly to US 290 HOV / HOT Lane
- No exit, stop nor drop-offs at the NWTC from US 290 HOV / HOT Lane
- You may access US 290 HOV / HOT Lane from Old Katy Road as you do now
METRO Service Alerts
Sign Up for METRO Service Alerts and stay current with automatic updates from METRO. You may sign up for either email or text alerts.
Improvements to the existing
During the construction, service will
operate from a temporary platform and
bus stops along Old Katy Road, where
you can safely board their bus until
the project is complete.
For your safety, please use the
pedestrian crosswalks to cross
Old Katy Road.
Download NWTC Improvement Guide (PDF)
Temporary Platform (reference map above)
The following routes are on the Temporary platform:
- METRORapid (Coming Soon)
- 217 Cypress Park & Ride (P&R) to Cypress P&R & to Downtown
- 49 Chimney Rock / S. Post Oak to Ridgemont
- 58 Hammerly to West Belt
- METRORapid (Coming Soon)
- 214 Northwest Station P&R to Northwest Station & to Downtown
216 W. Little York P&R to W. Little York P&R & to Downtown
219 W. Little York / N.W. Station / Cypress to Cypress P&R & to Downtown
- 70 Memorial to Brittmoore
72 Westview to Brittmoore
- 47 Hillcroft to Airport Blvd
The following routes stop along Old Katy Road:
- 160 Memorial City Express to Memorial City
161 Wilcrest Express to West Bellfort P&R
162 Memorial Express to Addicks P&R
- 33 Post Oak to Bellaire Transit Center (TC)
85 Antoine / Washington to S.H. 249 / Greenspoint
228 Addicks P&R to Addicks P&R
298 Kingsland / Addicks / NWTC / TMC P&R to Kingsland P&R
- METRO Parking Lot Shuttle
39 Katy Freeway to Northwest TC
84 Buffalo Speedway to Northwest TC
- 39 Katy Freeway to Britoak
84 Buffalo Speedway to W. Bellfort
- 228 Addicks P&R to Downtown
298 Kingsland / Addicks / NWTC / TMC P&R to Downtown
- 33 Post Oak to Hempstead TC
85 Antoine / Washington to Downtown
- 160 Memorial City Express to Downtown
161 Wilcrest Express to Downtown
162 Memorial Express to Downtown
7373 Old Katy Road
Houston, TX 77024
Transit centers are sheltered waiting areas located where several bus
routes converge. They serve as efficient "hubs" allowing you
access to various locations to assemble at a central point to take advantage
of express trips or other route-to-route transfers. Our clean, safe and
comfortable transit centers provide you with a wider selection
of destinations through greater transfer opportunities, and provide
their respective communities a permanent presence of transit service.
Try our interactive map below.