Questions & Answers: About METRO
On this page, you can get answers to common questions about projects, doing business with METRO and more, all in one place.
METRO is seeking to improve the customer experience by replacing the existing transit center and building a new garage facility near the existing property.
- Parking for approximately 500 vehicles in a multi-level garage
- Full-service transit center seamlessly linking METRO services for the Northside community
- Attractive landscaping
- Modern facility design to move buses easily in and out of the transit center
- Covered bus bays
- Convenient connections to Downtown, Texas Medical Center, and other locations with service options
- Reduced walking distance for customers
- Camera-monitored facility with METRO Police patrol
- Traffic signals to maintain consistent traffic flow
The Northline Transit Center project estimate at this stage is approximately $40 million. METRO will continue to seek Federal Transit Administration funding and there may be opportunities for private partners to participate in the project through Transit Oriented Development opportunities.