Questions & Answers: About METRO
On this page, you can get answers to common questions about projects, doing business with METRO and more, all in one place.
This project is part of the METRONext Moving Forward Plan, to create faster, more reliable and more frequent service. The project will:
Deliver on voter-approved plan
The Gulfton Corridor project was a key component of the plan, which was approved by nearly 70% of area voters in 2019.
The Gulfton Corridor is home to some of the region's highest transit demand and the most congested streets. Currently, buses in the corridor operate in mixed traffic. This reduces the efficiency for METRO customers and impacts motorists as they wait for buses to load and unload passengers in a shared lane.
METRORapid is a transit service that combines elements of light rail and bus to deliver faster connections and a smooth, convenient ride.
- Modern design offering 100% accessibility, with wider doorways and level boarding
- Outstanding customer amenities such as station-like platforms at every stop
- Dedicated, transit-only lane to move through traffic
- Convenient schedule for easy trip planning
The METRORapid Gulfton Corridor project will provide:
Frequent service to key destinations
Universally accessible service to multiple residential, business and education centers.
More reliable trips
Transit-only lanes will help reduce travel time and improve schedule reliability for riders.
The line would connect with:
- Various local METRO bus routes
- METRORapid Silver Line in Uptown / Galleria
- Multiple METRO transit centers
- Expands access to transfer opportunities at the Westpark / Lower Uptown Transit Center and the Northwest Transit Center
- Accommodate expected population growth in the region
- Improve access to jobs and economic opportunities