Soar Through the Airport Travel Rush with METRO
Traveling for the holidays? Let METRO do the driving so traffic and parking hassles don’t dim the festive spirit.
Public transportation can be a convenient, cost-effective, and stress-free alternative to driving. All METRO buses are ADA accessible, offer free Wi-Fi, and are equipped with video surveillance security cameras. Each ride is just $1.25.
METRO offers tools and tips to help with planning.
Getting to Houston's Airports: A Breeze with METRO
Located approximately 22 miles north of downtown Houston, George Bush Intercontinental Airport is served by METRO's 102 Bush IAH Express, which arrives approximately every 30 minutes. Passenger pick-up and drop-off are at the METRO Bus Stop on the Baggage Claim Level, south side of Terminal C.
METRO’s 102 Bush IAH Express provides service to and from George Bush Intercontinental Airport approximately every 30 minutes.
Located about 12 miles from downtown Houston, William P. Hobby Airport can be reached via public transit by several METRO local bus routes. Depending on the route, buses arrive approximately every 12 to 30 minutes. Passenger pick-up and drop-off are located at Curb Zone 3, just outside the Baggage Claim/Arrivals level. Depending on the route, buses arrive approximately every 12 to 30 minutes. Passenger pick-up and drop-off are located at Curb Zone 3, just outside the Baggage Claim/Arrivals level.
Planning for a Smooth Transit Experience
- Plan Ahead: Use METRO’s TRIP App to map your journey from your starting point to the airport, including any transfers or connections. The personalized navigation tool allows you to manage your trip quickly and easily on Local buses, Park & Ride buses, METRORail, or METRORapid.
- Consider Your Departure Time: Aim to arrive at the airport at least two hours before your scheduled departure to allow sufficient time for security checks and check-in procedures.
- Purchase Fare in Advance: Download METRO’s Q-Mobile Ticketing App to purchase fares with your smartphone in advance.
- Seek Assistance When Needed: Don't hesitate to ask for assistance if you have questions. Call or text 713-635-4000 to reach a METRO Customer Service representative.
- Utilize Real-time Information: Stay updated on real-time public transit information, especially during the holiday season when unforeseen events may affect schedules. METRO provides real-time updates through Facebook, Twitter and service alerts.
Remember, planning ahead and staying informed will help ensure a smooth and enjoyable public transit experience that keeps you in the spirit of the season.