Summer Of Fun Contest Rules
- Eligibility: This Summer of Fun Contest (the "Contest") is open only to those who enter through www.facebook.com/RideMETRO.
Contestants must be at least 18 years or older and be legal residents of Houston, Texas. Employees of the Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas ("METRO"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the "Employees"), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are
not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Contest Rules, and Contestant represents and warrants that Contestant meets the eligibility requirements described above. In addition, the Contestant agrees to accept the decisions of METRO as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
- Contest Period: This Contest will run from July 24, 2019 at 5:00 a.m., central standard time through July 26, 2019, 11:59 p.m., central standard time and from August 12, 2019, 5:00 a.m., central standard time through August 14, 2019, 11:59 p.m., central standard time.
- How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry through the social media platform described above in Section 1. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to these Contest Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of METRO. If Contestant uses fraudulent methods or otherwise attempts to circumvent the Contest Rules, Contestant's submission may be removed from eligibility. METRO reserves the right to change the Contest Rules at any time at its sole discretion.
- Prizes: The Winner(s) of the Contest (the "Winner") will receive either: one (1) Houston Zoo Family Membership valued at $149; one (1) Houston Astros 4-Pack Tickets valued at $150; one (1) Ensemble Theater 2019-2020 Season 4-Pack Tickets valued at $176; four (4) Space Center Houston Tickets valued at $29.95 per ticket; or two (2) Houston Marketplace passes for Houston Museum Day Pass valued at $27.95 per pass. Prizes are subject to change at the discretion of METRO. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by METRO. The prize is nontransferable and nonexchangeable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation, any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for METRO to use Winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and marketing without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: A panel in METRO's Press Office will select the Winner based on the following judging criteria:
- Adherence to Contest Requirements
- Contestant followed the requirements of the Contest;
- Reference to a specific METRO route or service; and
- Comment was submitted within Contest Period.
- Creativity and Quality of Submitted Response
- Uniqueness of Contestant's comment submission in relation to other submissions.
Entries that do not contain all required entry information, or are considered inappropriate for any reason are
not eligible. Winner(s) will be selected and notified during the Contest Period. Winner(s) can claim prize in person by appointment at METRO's 1900 Main Street, Houston, Texas 77002 location or Winner(s) can make arrangements with METRO's Press Office to claim the prize. Winner(s) must provide accurate contact information to METRO. If claiming the prize in person, Winner(s) must pick up his or her prize no later than August 2, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. for the July contest and no later than August 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. for the August contest. The prize can also be claimed by mail. Winner(s) must provide accurate contact information to METRO. METRO shall have no liability for Winner's failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner's provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within the requisite time frame, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT METRO'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Rights Granted by Contestant: By entering content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), Contestant understands and agrees that METRO, METRO’s partners, anyone acting on behalf of METRO, and METRO’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
The Contest hosted by METRO is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
SAFETY DISCLAIMER: PLEASE OBEY ALL TRAFFIC AND SAFETY LAWS. FILMING AND/OR PHOTOGRAPHING ON RAIL TRACKS AND PUBLIC ROADWAYS IS DANGEROUS AND STRICTLY PROHIBITED. METRO DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM INJURIES INCURRED ARISING FROM THE CONTESTANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST.