Executive Vice President, Administration
“Some of my most satisfying experiences have been mentoring and teaching other employees to help them achieve professional goals. People are METRO’s greatest asset, so growing people contributes to METRO’s success.”
— Debbie Sechler
Sechler oversees approximately 270 employees in Information Technology, Human Resources, Procurement, and State of Good Repair.
These departments work together as a team when new policies, procedures, and technologies are adopted and implemented.
Before joining METRO, Sechler traveled extensively as a controller in the oil and gas industry and as a director for a global technology company.
She has been with METRO since 2002.
Beginning in 2013, Sechler has served as chair on both the METRO Non-Union Pension Plan Board and the METRO Transport Workers Pension Plan Board which work with advisors to invest and manage funds for METRO employees.
- METRO, Executive Vice President, Finance and Administration, and Chief Financial Officer
- METRO, Chief Financial Officer
- METRO, Senior Director and Controller
- Global Technology Industry-Director
- Oil and Gas Industry-Controller
Ernst & Young, Certified Public Accountant
Professional Associations and Activities
- Chair, METRO Non-Union Pension Plan Board
- Chair, METRO Transport Workers Union Pension Plan Local 260, AFL-CIO Board
- Past Trustee, METRO Transport Workers Union Local 260, AFL-CIO Health and Welfare Trust
- Member, Government Finance Officers Association
- Member, Transportation Finance Learning Exchange
- Member, Women in Public Finance
- Member, American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
- Past Member, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Houston Chapter
- Past Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Houston Independent School District Parent Teacher Organizations
- Girl Scouts of San Jacinto Council
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of America
- Texas Foster Care
Education and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- M.A., Business, Amber University, Dallas, Texas
- B.S. (Honors), Oklahoma Christian University, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma