Get on Track with Houston's METRORail
- All trains are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- All doors are 32 inches wide; doors open automatically.
- Level platform boarding, hydraulic leveling system.
- Four wheelchair flip-up seats with embroidered wheelchair emblem on the seat backs.
- Door closing annunciators, both flashing light and audible.
- Doors open at all stations without riders' assistance.
- Visual and audible announcements inside train in English and Spanish.
- Audible announcement of left or right exiting before doors open.
- All rail station platforms are 100 percentage ADA-compliant.
- Sloped ramp access from both ends of level boarding platforms.
- Variable Message Signs (VMS) on all platforms.
- Audible announcements in English and Spanish.
- Exit (left or right) announcements in English and Spanish.
- Contrast colored 24-inch tactile warning strips have truncated domes marking the edge of the platform and continue onto the crosswalk.
- Bridging policy - when rail is not-working – the accessible bus bridge policy goes into action.
Rail field supervisors are on duty during hours of operation to assist patrons with disabilities if needed.
Here’s a link to an interactive downtown Houston map. It shows you downtown attractions, restaurants, shops, government agencies and more. Houston Downtown Map
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free software for viewing and printing PDF files.