MACS-WEB METROLift’s Automated Computer System
Book Trips 5 a.m. – 5 p.m.,
7 days a week
Confirm or Cancel trips, 24/7
Go online – No more waiting
Click here to use MACS-WEB.
Now with three ways to book your trip, getting around town has never been easier.
- Reservations on the Phone – Call 713-225-6716 to speak with a representative to book your trip
- MACS – Call 713-225-6716 then press the # 1 to use our automated trip scheduling system
- MACS-WEB – Schedule your trip online quickly and easily
METRO and MV Transportation are adding a new and convenient way to verify and check your previously scheduled METROLift trip(s).
Enter http://mlift.thebus.mobi/ into the browser of your computer or smart device.
Next, enter your METROLift ID number and “TimePoint” will show your trip information for that day.
Welcome To METROLift
Welcome to METROLift! The METROLift Program Guide will introduce you to METROLift transportation and provide the basic information you need to use the service. Upon request, this information is available in other formats
It is important that patrons know METROLift is a shared-ride public transit service. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), travel times and the timeliness of service are comparable to fixed-route bus service. Please read this policy brochure carefully to familiarize yourself with the type and level of service that METROLift provides. Remember that you have a responsibility to use accessible fixed-route METRO bus service when possible.
Our goal is to provide safe and reliable transportation. If, after reading this manual, you have questions regarding METROLift, please phone the METROLift Customer Service and Eligibility Department at 713-225-0119. Also, please let us know if you would information sent to you in an alternate format.
Download Program Guide Booklet (PDF)
Download Program Guide Text Only (PDF)
Download METRO Accessibility Features Short List (PDF)
Download MACS-WEB Ad Flyer (PDF)
Check Holiday Schedule >>
METRO’s fixed-route buses are 100 percent accessible and require no advance notice to ride. Try one of our convenient routes for yourself to help take control of your mobility. If you are not familiar with bus riding and would like to learn, please call 713-652-8016 to speak with a Travel Trainer who will assist you.
Download Travel Training brochure (PDF)
Learn about METROLift Travel Training >>
Accessible Bus Features:
- Ramps or lifts on all of our buses for riders using wheelchairs, or scooters, or ambulatory riders who have difficulty reaching the first step. Also, many METRO buses offer a kneeling feature to assist with boarding. Standees on lifts are permitted under the ADA.
- Two priority-seating areas for the elderly and people with disabilities. Equipped with an easy-to-reach call bell and special securement belts designed to secure the mobility devices of patrons who use a wheelchair or scooter in two 30”x 48” wheelchair securement areas.
- Bus pads, sidewalk links, and curb cuts at most of our 10,000 bus stops.
- Solid-square bus poles at bus stops.
- Automatic audio and visual announcements on buses at major stops, main intersections and transfer points along the route.
- Large, bright destination signs on the front and sides of the bus.
- Lighted “Stop Request” signs inside the bus for riders with hearing impairments.
- 19 transit centers connecting bus routes in neighborhoods across the region for safe and easy transfers.
Accessible METRORail Features:
- METRORail, a 7.5-mile light-rail line connecting Downtown, the Museum District, the Texas Medical Center and Reliant Park, is ADA accessible.
- 16 METRORail accessible stations featuring audio and visual announcements explaining when the next train is arriving.
- Audio and visual announcements of stops inside the rail cars.
- Each rail car offers four areas for wheelchairs. No securements are required on the train. Riders using wheelchairs also may choose to sit in any space that is available to them.
- Doors open automatically and have a sensitive edge that prevents closing if an object or person is detected in their path.
- Major transit centers Downtown, Midtown, and in the Texas Medical Center provide connections to METRORail with accessible METRO bus service.
We are committed to a public transportation system that everyone can use. We encourage persons with disabilities to take advantage of the freedom, independence, flexibility and reliability provided by our accessible bus and rail network.