Bikes On Buses
||METRO allows cyclists to bring their bikes along when they travel. Our low-floor fleet is equipped with bike racks to help you navigate congested streets on your way to bike trails, work, school or other destinations. Bicycles can also be stowed on our high-floor buses in the designated baggage compartment. Racks will not be installed on METRO’s articulated buses, and therefore, bicycles will not be permitted to be brought onboard these buses.
To learn about bringing your bike on METRORail.
How-To Load Your Bike Onto the Rack
1. Squeeze the handle up to release the latch and then fold down the bike rack.
2. Lift your bike onto the rack. Be sure to place the front wheel into the slot labeled “front wheel here.”
3. Raise the support arm up and over the tire, so that the hook rests at the highest point on the front wheel.
Note: A fold-up bike that is stored in its own carrying case may be brought aboard any METRO service as a carry-on. Remember to remove all loose items from your bike (ex: bottles, air pumps).
How-To Unloading Your Bike From the BikeRack
1. Raise the support arm off of the tire and fold down into the secure position.
2. Lift your bike out of the rack.
3. Squeeze the handle and fold up the bike rack.
4. Step away from the bus and move to the curb, allowing the bus to proceed.
Note: Bus Operators are not allowed to assist you with your bike, however it is important to alert them that you will be loading/unloading your bike.
Video on loading and
unloading your bike.
Get the Flash Player to see this player.
Tips To Keep In Mind
- On low-floor buses, you must operate the rack,
and load and unload your own bicycle.
buses, you must open and close the designated bay door.
- If the rack is empty when you remove your
bicycle, please place the rack in the upright position.
- If the rack is full when
it arrives at your destination, please wait for the next bus.
METRO is not responsible for any damage to bicycles.
As a reminder,
bicycles are permitted on METRORail. METRORail Bicycle
- Please be courteous when
placing your bicycle in the bay or accessing your bicycle at the end of your
METRO’s Lost & Found Department: 713-658-0854
Customer Care Center: 713-635-4000
Mason Creek Hike & Bike Trails Fact Sheet (PDF)
State of Texas Bicycle Laws
Bike Route Maps
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free
software for viewing and printing PDF files.