METRO has several types of bus services: Local and Park & Ride
Local service runs mostly on city streets, stopping at every other corner along its route.
Park & Ride service
is for long-distance commuting. METRO's 28 Park & Ride lots provide bus service
to key destinations in the service area. One-way fare falls into four zones
based on the distance a bus travels.
The Texas Medical Center (TMC) Circulator may be
paid with the METRO Q® Fare Card or cash.
Customers can carry a pet on the bus and the rail as long as it is caged properly. Service animals are allowed to accompany riders with disabilities.
Bus and rail riders may bring car seats aboard, but there are no seat belts to strap the car seat to the bus or rail seat. So the caregiver would have to hold the baby or child. Strollers are also allowed. On buses, we suggest removing the child from the stroller and folding the stroller while on-board.
Learn more about the fare >>
Learn more about bus schedules >>
Learn more about Emergency Ride/Guaranteed Ride Home >>
Accessible bus features include:
- Ramps or lifts on all of our buses for riders using wheelchairs or scooters, or ambulatory riders who have difficulty reaching the first step.
- Two priority seating areas for elderly and people with disabilities, equipped with an easy-to-reach stop call bell and special securement belts designed to secure patrons who use a wheelchair or scooter.
- Bus pads, sidewalk links and curb cuts at most of our 10,500 bus stops.
- Solid square bus poles at all bus stops.
- Bus stop announcements, both audible and visual, at major stops, main intersections and transfer points along the route.
- Larger, brighter destination signs on the front and side of the bus.
- Lighted “Stop Request” signs inside the bus for the riders with hearing impairments.
- 20 transit centers, connecting bus routes in neighborhoods for safe and easy transfers from one route to another.
- Major transit centers are located downtown and the Texas Medical Center, connecting METRO bus routes to the accessible METRORail.