Shop East End Harrisburg Opening
Direct Access to Harrisburg Businesses Re-opening June 12
The Harrisburg Boulevard roadway at the Union Pacific Railroad Crossing is opening on schedule. As construction of the Harrisburg Bridge continues, customers will be able to travel east and west on Harrisburg for quick and easy access to East End businesses in the area. Join METRO in supporting one of Houston’s most vibrant and unique communities.
Thank you for your patience.
Support your local community - Shop East End!
Download flyer of update and list of shops.
The Board of Directors voted on Jan. 29, 2015, to move forward with the Harrisburg Overpass, awarding a contract to McCarthy Building Companies Inc. The bridge will be built along the Green Line (East End), allowing cars and trains to travel over the Union Pacific East Belt freight rail line that runs north-south, west of Hughes Street. The design combines the “History of the East End” and a “Garden Wall” and incorporates crisp white LED lighting with blue accent lighting at the bridge columns to enhance the underside of the bridge.
- Harrisburg Overpass Bridge View 1
- Harrisburg Overpass Bridge View 2
- East End Bridge Concept Aerial (PDF)
Harrisburg Overpass Construction Updates
East End Harrisburg Overpass Community
Meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of every month at 6:30 p.m.
at METRO”S Service & Inspectional Facility, 5880 Texas Avenue
- Tuesday, January 5, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, July 5, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, September 6, 2016 - Completed
- Tuesday, October 11, 2016 (Note date changed)
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Tuesday, December 6, 2016 – CANCELED and stay tuned for January 2017 meeting to be scheduled.
Community Informational Meeting PDF Presentations 2016
Please find the construction update as presented at the Bi-Monthly Community Information Meeting by McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
Harrisburg Overpass Community PDF Informational Meeting Agendas 2016
- Tuesday, August 2, 2016 Agenda
- Tuesday, July 5, 2016 Agenda
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016 Agenda
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016 Agenda
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016 Agenda
- Monday, March 7, 2016 Agenda
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016 Agenda
- Tuesday, January 5, 2016 Agenda
Harrisburg Overpass Archives
Download METRO Business Assistance Fund (BAF) Program Presentation (PDF)
For questions or comments contact:
Senior Stakeholder Affairs Representative for METRORail Green line (East End & Downtown area)
Government & Public Affairs
Linda Trevino has always been a fan of variety in her workload, which made the Senior Stakeholder Affairs Representative position at METRO a perfect fit. Her specialty is finding just the right strategy to handle different situations and clients. After many years spent working for major corporations, Linda is proud that her success has led her to METRO where she can continue to strengthen relationships with the community that METRO serves.
Harrisburg Overpass Construction Time Lapse Photos
These are time lapse photos taken every few minutes to give a general construction progress report. There are only three views, east end, west end and center of the bridge.
Click on any video to see the entire video library and to use the video tools to zoom in on individual videos.
Looking West End of Project
Looking East End of Project
Center View of Project
Information found on this website can be provided in an alternative format upon request. Please contact Customer Service at 713-635-4000 to speak to a representative or email the Accessibility Coordinator at email@example.com. METRO will do its best to provide the requested alternative format within a reasonable time.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader free software for viewing and printing PDF files.