Value added to a METRO Q® Fare Card is non-refundable unless the patron has moved out of the service area and can document that he or she is no longer able to use METRO’s services.
- No refunds are available to unregistered METRO Q® Fare Cards.
- No cash refunds are given.
- No request for a refund that is made after the expiration date of the fare media item will be honored.
- No request for a refund that is made because the patron had decided they no longer wish to utilize METRO’s transportation services will be honored.
- The customer who purchased the fare item for which a refund is being requested must meet one of the following criteria:
- Has become permanently disabled (certified).
- Has suffered a long-term illness during three-fourths (3/4) of the validity period of the fare media item and has medical documentation to that effect.
- Has moved out of the geographical METRO service area and has conclusive evidence to that effect, such as a utility bill.
- Has experienced a job relocation and has definitive evidence to that effect and that the move precludes the use of the bus, rail or METROLift service for which the fare media item was purchased.
- The customer who purchased the fare item is now deceased and his descendent has proof – for example, a newspaper clipping, funeral announcement or a copy of the death certificate. METRO Q® Fare Card must have been registered.
Call 713-635-4000 and follow the prompt for the METRO Q® Fare Card help desk.